From Artisan's Asylum
Read all about our Awesomenaut Program on the website: https://artisansasylum.com/awesomenauts/
For New Awesomenauts
Orientation is a 4 hour session and kicks-off the program for the season. The typical agenda is:
- Scheduling and program overview
- Facilities training & first projects
- Before you arrive for your orientation, same time by registering in our system if you haven't already. Select "Other" as your registration type (that will make the payment fields disappear from the form) - https://artisansasylum.com/membership/registration/
- All volunteers at Artisan's Asylum must sign our Confidentiality Agreement as well - you can fill that out here after you've registered and created an account - http://artisansasylum.com/confidentiality-agreement/
What to wear
- Closed-toed shoes, shop-appropriate clothing (clothes that can get dirty, long pants, no loose or dangly clothes or accessories, long hair tied back)
- Basic protective gear is provided (safety glasses and gloves, ear protection) but feel free to bring your own if you have it
What to bring
- Your schedule availability
- Water bottle
Shifts and Scheduling
Tell us your interests & availability
- Everyone should fill out this interest & availability form to help us plan group projects and independent projects for your weekly 8 hours. Ideally we'll have a few small groups working based on your schedules and you'll self manage your additional 4 hours.
Manage your own shifts
- We all use a shared google calendar to tell each other when we'll be in. If you're ready to go with independent shifts, add a weekly appointment to the shared calendar with your name in the title.
How to add and change your shifts
- If you have nothing to do, check out our common area maintenance check-list
- Here is the current ongoing projects list
- Task list for awesome people
- Artisan's Asylum Trello
Adopt a Tool
One of the ongoing projects for Awesomenauts is Adopt-A-Tool. We use the wiki for our crowd-sourced tool to keep track of our tools & equipment here on our wiki. We always have new tools & equipment and aren't always the best at keeping track of documentation.
We'd like all Awesomenauts to adopt a tool and make sure it is up to date with all the required information!
First step is to create an editing account: http://wiki.artisansasylum.com/index.php/Special:RequestAccount
Once you have submitted that, we will approve the request and you can go on wiki-ing!