Board Of Directors
From Artisan's Asylum
Board of Directors Overview
The Board of Directors of the Artisan’s Asylum represents the voting members by governing through written policies that direct, control, and inspire the organization. It deliberates in many voices, but governs in one. The Board is made up of members who are either elected by the voting members or are appointed by other Board members. The Chair of the Board is a member elected by the Board whose role is to assure the integrity of the Board’s process and to represent the Board to outside parties. The Board formally meets once a month to vote on resolutions, which are recorded in publicly available minutes. The Board may be contacted at board[at]artisansasylum[dot]com.
Directors & Officers
- James Dunn, Appointed. Term: January 2015 to January 2017
- William Zimmer, Appointed. Term: November 2014 to November 2016
- Paul Kassebaum, Elected. Term: October 2014 to at least October 2015
- Drew Van Zandt, Elected. Term: October 2014 to at least October 2015
- Emily M. Garfield, Elected. Term: October 2014 to at least October 2015
- Tom Sanfilippo, Elected. Term: October 2014 to at least October 2015
Officers (Terms October 2014 to October 2015)
- Derek Seabury, President
- Jonathan Card, Treasurer
- David Markowitz, Secretary
To send mail to the Board as a whole (excluding officers), send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artisan's Asylum has an Advisory Council for excited and experienced individuals who want to assist the Asylum but who can't commit to a sustained interaction, such as becoming a Director of the Board. Please contact the Board for more information.
Director Office Hours
Recent and upcoming office hours. Schedule varies. In the Social Area unless otherwise noted.
- Thursday, July 17, 7-8p Drew
- Thursdays at 7:00 PM upon request. paul.kassebaum @artisansasylum.com
Board Meeting Minutes
The board meets on the second Wednesday of each month. Approved minutes from each meeting are posted below. These minutes are for the community's information. Formal meeting records are the responsibility of the Secretary.
- Meeting Minutes - February 11, 2015 (currently pending board approval)
- Meeting Minutes - January 7, 2015
- Meeting Minutes - December 10, 2014
- Meeting Minutes - November 12, 2014
- Meeting Minutes - October 8, 2014
- Meeting Minutes - September 10, 2014
- Meeting Minutes - August 12, 2014
- Meeting Minutes- July 9, 2014
- Meeting Minutes - June 11, 2014
- Meeting Minutes - May 14, 2014
- Meeting Minutes - April 19, 2014
- Meeting Minutes - April 9, 2014
- Meeting Minutes - March 20, 2014
- Meeting Minutes - February 12, 2014
- Meeting Minutes - January 20, 2014
- Meeting Minutes - January 8, 2014
- Meeting Minutes - December 19, 2013
- Meeting Minutes - November 21, 2013
- Meeting Minutes - October 9, 2013
Older board minutes are available here.
Conflict of Interest Forms
Artisan's Asylum Financial Documents
- For year-end Financial Statements, Operating Budgets, and Treasurer reports, see our Financials.