From Artisan's Asylum
|We make stuff that plugs in and inspires with you|
Interactive projection mapped installation at ILLUMINUS
|Managed By||James Arthur/Shawn Faherty/Daniel Taub|
|Hours||Same as membership hours|
|Operational Status of Tools||Summary for all A3Vclub tools|
|Tool Maintenence Tickets||All open tickets for A3Vclub tools|
Audio / Video Shop
Welcome to the A/V Shop or better yet a "Library", which can be accessed by all Asylum members. The A3V Club institutional members (formally known as CEMI) are it's caretakers. We are an established group of makers at the Asylum who make theatrical, digital, and programmable works while helping to maintain and improve the equipment, services and communications infrastructure. Like our Facebook page.
How do I find it?
The Door is locked? How do I get in?
Apply for access using your Bluetooth phone here: []
If you've received an invitation to our August Lock system on your Bluetooth phone:
- Launch the app
- Walk up to the door
- Select the A3V Club as the "key" you're using
- At the door, give the app a moment to find and connect with the lock (you won't see anything but a deadbolt)
- The circle should connect and turn red, meaning the door is locked
- Press the circle, and you should hear the lock open up
- The circle should turn green and you can enter
- The lock will automatically engage again after 30 seconds - meaning it will lock even if the door is ajar. From the inside, the door is easily unlocked by turning the red cylinder.
- MAKE SURE TO LOCK THE DOOR AGAIN WHEN YOU LEAVE
What we offer
The A/V club has a plethora of lighting, audio, projection, cables, and other electronic and digital equipment available to Asylum members for use after a simple certification process. Currently the A/V Club is putting the finishing touches on a formal loan Library where members are allowed to remove items from the "Closet" and Asylum. Equipment in the A/V Closet is owned and maintained by members and not the Asylum. Access is granted to the closet through a Smart Phone app which requires Bluetooth. Learn more about that app here: August Smart Lock System Keys are available also, plus the door can be remotely opened by an A3V Club administrator.
The A3V Club is short for the Artisan's Asylum Audio Visual Club.
An offshoot of the CEMI Electronic Media Institute - currently outdated website: CEMI
We host events at the Artisan's Asylum regularly!
A3V Club Monthly Meetup
2nd Wednesday of Every month, 6-8pm
note: Septembers meeting is now on Wednesday the 16th in the Social Area.
A/V Club members and anyone interested are welcome to come hang out and discuss ways to improve A/V resources to the Asylum and its members, and generally tinker around with cool things. BYO
First Saturday of the Month, every other month. 8pm - 11pm (approx.)
2015 schedule: October, December
Show and Tell for people interested in Audio/Visual technology. Its like a very lazy Ted talk where guest speakers will briefly talk about their latest projects or workflows. Oftentimes, there is an electronic music jam after the talk for people to experiment or learn about new hardware.
~velvet~ A live party technology testing event
First Saturday of the Month, every other month. 8pm - 11pm (approx.) in MPR1.
2015 schedule: September, November
Come help support inventors of party technology by creating an accurate live party environment to help stress test cool new blinky, audio, and interactive installations! Be sure to check our Facebook page for the latest list of Djs. BYO
- Office Hours: Shawn Faherty is always running in and out of the A/V Closet. Send Shawn Faherty an email for current office hours or any questions.
- A/V Library Wiki Page for everything you need to know about the Library inside the "Closet"(A2 space #64).
- A/V Closet Lending Library website.
- Original Proposal - Google Doc - Anyone can comment.
- To Do - Google Doc - Anyone can edit.
- Basecamp - Requires Invitation.
- Trello - Requires Invitation.
Policies and Procedures
COMING SOON! Please contact James Author for access and ways you can help get this setup.
This category currently contains no pages or media.