From Artisan's Asylum
The Artisan's Asylum is primarily a member run organization. With limited staff, Artisan's Asylum needs all members to contribute in some way to make this place more awesome!
- Check the Volunteer Calendar for upcoming Volunteer events. We have a monthly volunteer night as well as shop and task specific work-days
- Subscribe to volunteers@ mailing list to find out about additional ad hoc volunteer projects (about 1-2 emails per month). Send a blank email to email@example.com to subscribe to the list.
Share your skills
- Teach. You can propose a class or tool training to add to our education programming.
- Help other people. Share your skills and inspiration. Join the discuss mailing list. Answer people's questions.
- Volunteer to test new members on shop equipment. Fill in this form to indicate your interest.
Be an Artisan's Asylum Ambassador
- Make what you imagine. It's what we're here for.
- Tell people about us. Word of mouth is one of the #1 ways people find out about us.
- Tag your work with #MadeatArtisans
- Tweet about us, tag us on Facebook.
- Give a tour. Want to help out by showing the public, students and potential members what we do? Consider giving a tour! Here a quick 2 page guide to reference.
- Join the Fundraising Committee - email subscribe-fundraising-com@
- Join the Events Committee - email subscribe-events-com@ meeting quarterly to organize and coordinate events
- Review us on facebook & yelp
- Add our announcement emails to your inbox
Support the Infrastructure
- Become an Awesomenaut
- Join the maintenance@ list to (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Join the IT Committee - email subscribe-it-com@
- Join the A3VClub for Audio/Visual support for Artisan's and member events
- Got spare tools we might need? Contact donate@ with the details
Support each other
- Join the welcome-brigade to help welcome new members
- Donate to the Asylum Grants and help others get access to our services
CNC Plasma Cutter Tasks
- Bad consumable examples.
- Find bad consumables and mount them with a description of what the failure mode is.
- laminate water tank operation instructions.
Welding area tasks
- Label Welding Helmets SO the shade can easily be identified.
- Make storage for Tank caps
- Make storage for Tank empty white tubes
- Make additional Tank empty tubes for empty tanks
- 5S work station on welders. See Rob Masek for requirements.
Wayfinding / Signage
|NOTE: An update to the map is in progress as of November 2015.|
- Make an "all things" map of the space. Includes trash / recycling locations, waste management in all shops (e.g. dust collectors, with an icon + short description), color key items of the shop are painted in, lost & found, water fountain, filtered water and other key locations in the space
- Mark the Trash Can locations
- A stencil needs to be made of the trash can locations. It's base circle should be large enough so the will not block the outline.
- The floor will need to be cleaned and washed before it is time to Spray the stencils.
- Label all trash cans with laminated signs (see member-services@ for signs)
We look forward to your contributions! If you would like to add to or edit this wiki, please
- Get yourself an account
- Familiarize yourself with wiki use.
- Flagged wiki pages
- Subcategory of policies and how-to documentation specifically related to our computers, networks, and information
15 Minute tasks
Just have 15 minutes today? Here are a few great ideas to help out: