From Artisan's Asylum
The Artisan's Asylum is primarily a member run organization. With limited staff, Artisan's Asylum needs all members to contribute in some way to make this place more awesome!
- Check the Volunteer Calendar for upcoming Volunteer events. We have a monthly volunteer night as well as shop and task specific work-days.
- Subscribe to volunteers@ mailing list to find out about additional ad hoc volunteer projects (about 1-2 emails per month). Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe to the list.
Share your skills
- Help other people make things. Share your skills and inspiration. Join the discuss mailing list. Answer people's questions.
- Become a tester. Volunteer to test new members on shop equipment. Fill in this form to indicate your interest.
Support all the things
- Become an Awesomenaut - learn more and how to apply here
- Already an Awesomenaut? Head here for the current projects list.
- Become a Deskie - learn more and how to apply here
- Join the maintenance@ list. Folks on this list volunteer to fix broken stuff. (send an email to email@example.com).
- Join the IT Committee to support the IT infrastructure - email subscribe-it-com@.
- Join the A3VClub for Audio/Visual support for Artisan's and member events.
- Got spare tools we might need? Contact donate@ with the details.
Maintain the Wiki
We look forward to your contributions! If you would like to add to or edit this wiki, please:
- Get yourself an account
- Familiarize yourself with wiki use.
- Flagged wiki pages
- Subcategory of policies and how-to documentation specifically related to our computers, networks, and information
Welcome each other
- Join the welcome-brigade to help design programs and materials to welcome and onboard new members
- email subscribe-welcome-brigade@.
- Become a buddy and connect 1x1 with new members looking for help getting involved and connected
- email subscribe-buddies@
Tell people about us
- Word of mouth is one of the #1 ways people find out about us!
- Tweet about us, tag us on Facebook and Instagram and be sure to tag posts of your work on social media with #MadeAtArtisans
- Give a tour. Want to help out by showing the public, students and potential members what we do? Consider giving a tour! Here a quick guide to reference:
- Write a review on Google, Facebook and Yelp.
Support events & marketing
- Invite your friends to our public events, or invite them as a guest to a members & friends event
- Join the Events Committee - email subscribe-events-com@ meeting quarterly to organize and coordinate events.
- Add our announcement emails to your inbox.
15 Minute tasks
Just have 15 minutes today? Here are a few great ideas to help out: