From Artisan's Asylum
The Artisan's Asylum is primarily a member run organization. With limited staff, Artisan's Asylum needs all members to contribute in some way to make this place more awesome!
- Check the Volunteer Calendar for upcoming Volunteer events. We have a monthly volunteer night as well as shop and task specific work-days
- Subscribe to volunteers@ mailing list to find out about additional ad hoc volunteer projects (about 1-2 emails per month). Send a blank email to email@example.com to subscribe to the list.
Share your skills
- Teach. You can propose a class or tool training to add to our education programming
- Help other people. Share your skills and inspiration. Join the discuss mailing list. Answer people's questions.
- Volunteer to test new members on shop equipment
15 Minute tasks
- Take out the trash Waste_disposal
- Recycle Waste_disposal
- Take out the wood scrap bin Waste_disposal
- Empty two shopvacs (easier in pairs)
- Sweep a room
- Vacuum an aisle
- Clean around front end
- Wash the front door glass
- Things accumulate very quickly when left to exist on there own. Just look around for things left out. Trash should be taken out, The floor cleaned up, junk left should be moved to the
Be an Artisan's Asylum Ambassador
- Make what you imagine. It's what we're here for.
- Tell people about us.
- Tag your work with "Made at Artisan's Asylum"
- Tweet about us, tag us on Facebook.
Support our Infrastructure
- Join the maintenance@ list to (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Got spare tools we might need? Contact donate@ with the details
- Donate to the Asylum Grants and help others get access to our services
CNC Plasma Cutter Tasks
- Bad consumable examples.
- Find bad consumables and mount them with a description of what the failure mode is.
- laminate water tank operation instructions.
Welding area tasks
- Label Welding Helmets SO the shade can easily be identified.
- Make storage for Tank caps
- Make storage for Tank empty white tubes
- Make additional Tank empty tubes for empty tanks
- 5S work station on welders. See Rob Masek for requirements.
General Asylum Tasks
- Trash Can locations
- A stencil needs to be made of the trash can locations. It's base circle should be large enough so the will not block the outline.
- The floor will need to be cleaned and washed before it is time to Spray the stencils.
- Label all trash cans with laminated signs (see member-services@ for signs)
We look forward to your contributions! If you would like to add to or edit this wiki, please
- Get yourself an account
- Familiarize yourself with wiki use.
- Flagged wiki pages
- Subcategory of policies and how-to documentation specifically related to our computers, networks, and information
Want to help out by showing the public, students and potential members what we do? Consider giving a tour! Here a quick 2 page guide to reference.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Volunteering"
This category contains only the following page.