From Artisan's Asylum
No image. Help us by taking a picture of this area
|Managed By||John Houghton and Bronwen Seap-Henhouse|
|Hours||Same as membership hours|
|Operational Status of Tools||Summary for all Fiber Arts tools|
|Tool Maintenence Tickets||All open tickets for Fiber Arts tools|
Fiber Arts is the technical term for fine art that uses textiles (fabric). The Artisans Asylum Fiber Arts Lab maintains an Inventory of Tools, a Pattern Library, and a Fabric Inventory. We also host classes and a Fiber Arts Work Night.
See the current class list for current listings.
Fiber Arts Work Night
There is a group that meets in the Social Area weekly for a biweekly work night in a variety of fiber arts crafts, including:
- Machine knitting
- Hand knitting
Related fields and cross-collaboration include:
- "Hacking" the knitting machine to accomplish other projects
- Soft circuitry for wearable electronics
- remove jewelry on hands- rings and bracelets
- restrain hair
- do not leave machines on and unattended or while changing thread and needles
- no food or drink
- if you are unsure of what you are doing stop *immediately* and ask for help
- if the machine sounds abnormal *stop now*
- clean up and put things away when you are finished
- leave bobbins in the machine
- part of cleaning up is putting a bobbin back in the machine
- there will be different policies for the overlock
- iron safety training because the iron is DANGEROUS
- keep yarn contained to your space and not trailing over the floor
- if pins and needles are dropped, pick them up immediately
- fabric scissors are for thread and fabric *only*
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Fiber Arts"
This category contains only the following file.