Guidelines for Hosting/Proposing an Event
From Artisan's Asylum
Events for Members & Friends
Members are welcome to host events for members & friends at any time. If you need dedicated space, email member-services@ to request a room. Please check the calendar schedule first http://artisansasylum.com/calendar/, and make sure you give at least 2 weeks notice to ensure your event will make it on the calendar.
Events Open to the Public
If your event is open to the public, requires dedicated/private space and/or events that are off-hours, please kindly submit this request form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BuWU6PSFpkqrJiYnzi4yW-XZbgOHUm3QcXrcY_quJXI/viewform
- Hosts must make time to review standard operating procedures with staff or volunteers.
- Prep & Clean-up:
- Hosts are expected to arrive 30-60 minutes before invited guests and stay 30-60 minutes after to assist in preparation and cleaning of the space
- Hosts are responsible for the activities of their guests in our space, meaning that non-members should not be allowed to wander freely through the facility.
- Communicating with attendees: parking, respectful & limited use of space, etc.
- Hosts are expected to communicate basic expectations to their guests in advance: where to park, not to wander through the space, not to use tools, not to take photos or film members and guests without their consent, to treat the space respectfully.
- Inclement weather conditions/cancellations for any reason
- If Artisan's closes or you cancel your event for any reason, it is the host’s responsibility to communicate changes in plans with your guests. Artisan's will not staff events during weather or emergency closings.
- parties, talks, panels, presentations, meetups
- open, center of space, couches and chairs and some table space, active & busy
- great for social hours, meet & greets, talks and show & tells
- quiet, closed door, projector & screen, capacity for up to 50. Location of food for members, so quiet but never 100% private.
- in a back corner of the building, currently part-storage, spacious but somewhat unattractive: good for messy activities or events where privacy is particularly important
- During times when Artisan's is not front desk staffed (including day-of closings for weather), burden is on organizer to staff event.
- Front Desk Staffing (if off-hours)
- Hosts for large events or any events scheduled outside of front desk staffed hours are expected to provide at least one volunteer to post to the front door to help guide guests to the event and keep them from out of the front desk volunteers’/members’ hair.
- A trained front desk volunteer may be provided to staff your event when available and for an additional fee.
- Non-members in the space
Benefit to Artisan’s Asylum: things you can do to give back!
- Put out a donation jar, and remind your guests that we are a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization!
- Promote Asylum classes & services to your guests. Invite a member, volunteer, or staff member to introduce the space, if you aren’t one.
- Portion of Proceeds / Payment for space
- In general, Artisan's requests 25% of total admission fees to host paid events in our space