Mailing Lists: Which List For What
From Artisan's Asylum
We have several mailing lists to facilitate communications between the general public, our members, knowledgeable people at the Asylum, and staff. Some lists are restricted to members or staff only and require moderator approval.
Mailing List Subscription
To subscribe to a mailing list other than announce or member-announce:
Send a blank email to (Your Desired Mailing List)-firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should receive an email with a link to confirm your subscription.
For instructions on how to unsubscribe to a mailing list, change your mailing list password, or manage your account see Mailing Lists Account Management
Public Mailing Lists
- Announce about upcoming classes & events at Artisan's. Note there is a separate sign-up form required for this listserv.
- Discuss - For all technical inquiries and all “can you help me or teach me?” and “what do you guys think of this?” questions. Goes to a distribution list of members of the Artisan’s Asylum and our extended community of makers.
- Have it Made Requests for requests for custom paid design and fabrication work to be done by Artisan's members. Goes to a distribution list of interested professionals.
- simple email email@example.com with your request
Member Mailing Lists
General Member Lists
Follow these links to subscribe and create a log-in to view archives and manage your subscription settings to these lists.
- Member-Announce for important announcements for members. Members are automatically subscribed to this list. Note there is a separate sign-up form required for this listserv.
- Discuss for technical inquiries and questions such as "Can you help me or teach me?" or "What do you folks think of this?"
- Have it Made Requests for current members to receive have-it-made requests and offer your craftsmanship. To post your request, simply email the list.
- inmates for intra-asylum discussions, questions, and announcements relevant only to members, instructors, volunteers who are a currently active user of our space.
- Volunteers If you're interested in helping out, announcements of volunteer opportunities get sent here
- Subscribe to Buddies If you're interested in helping out new members. If you're new and need help getting started, just email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Voters-Discuss A list for voting members to discuss issues, ideas and topics of concern to voting members. During elections, voting members are automatically added to this list. Subscription is open to any voting or non-voting member at any time.
Mailing Lists for Specific Shops
For member discussion, questions, and announcements regarding our various shops. See Tool Specific Lists for CNC and Digital Fabrication related lists. Not intended for inquiries regarding tool testing/training.
Tool Specific Lists
For discussion, announcements, and information for members trained on some of our more specialized equipment and tools. Not intended for inquiries regarding tool testing/training.
- lasercutter-operators (RL120 150W lasercutter)
- uprint-operators (Stratasys uPrint SE Plus 3D ABS printer)
- plasmacutter-operators (Torchmate CNC Plasma Cutter)
- multicam-operators (CNC Gantry Router -- MultiCAM MT510)
- shopbot-operators (CNC Gantry Router -- ShopBot)
- shopbot for contacting shopbot instructors with questions about materials, etc.