From Artisan's Asylum
- A list of our Tools -- An evolving list of tools for all of our Craft Areas.
- A list of the tool species for which we offer training.
- Summary of operational status for all Tools
Tool Use Policies
Members who have prior experience with a tool can schedule a tool testing session rather than take a class. (Some tools with special Asylum procedures require class training, and cannot be tested out on.)
Reserving Time on Tools
Reservations on certain tools are scheduled via the Asylum Tool Reservation System. Please see the instructions for using the reservation system, which include links for creating an account and for reserving time.
Reservations are required for:
- Laser cutters
- 3D printers
- ShopBot CNC Router
- MultiCam CNC Router
- CNC plasma cutter
- Screenprinting equipment
Maintaining Tools on the Wiki
Adding New Tools
Removing Old Tools
To retire a tool, edit the page and change the ToolBox template to ToolBox-Gone. The tool page will automatically be moved to Category:Past Tools.
These categories contain tools that lack various pieces of information:
- The list of Tool Species, which define the grouping of tools with respect to tool training.
- Equipment, which members use in an indirect way (i.e. infrastructural elements)
- Summary of operational status for all Tools (takes less time to load)
- Detailed open maintenance tickets of all Tools (takes longer to load)
- Help:Tools, Training, and Testing, for wiki editors.
- Tools we no longer own.