Instructor Handbook

From Artisan's Asylum

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 5: Line 5:
==Shop Safety & Etiquette==
==Shop Safety & Etiquette==
See [[| Shop Safety and Etiquette]]
See [| Shop Safety and Etiquette]
==Instructors: Contract & Employment Enrollment Information==
==Instructors: Contract & Employment Enrollment Information==

Revision as of 19:04, 27 February 2015


Getting Started

See our website for information about first steps

Shop Safety & Etiquette

See Shop Safety and Etiquette

Instructors: Contract & Employment Enrollment Information

We pay some of our instructors as W-2 Employees, and others as Independent Contractors.

Things to consider when deciding whether you should be submitting Employee or Independent Contractor Paperwork

  • Massachusetts Gov't Employment Guidelines defining the difference between the two
  • Insurance
    • Employees of Artisan's Asylum are covered by our General Liability insurance.
    • Independent Contractors are expected to provide their own insurance, and name Artisan's Asylum as an additionally insured.
  • LLC or Individual?
    • If you'd like to receive payment for your teaching as part of your business entity, we would pay you as an independent contractor.

For instructors coming on board as Employees, the following forms are required

(blank copies are available outside the back office door)

For instructors coming on board as Independent Contractors, the following forms are required

Personal tools
Wiki Maintenance