|[[File:|thumb|center|250px|View of jewelers' benches]]
|Same as membership hours
In our well-equipped Jewelry Shop you will find all the tools you need to work on your jewelry and small metalsmithing projects. Please note that working in brass, bronze, copper, silver, and gold is allowed, however working in pewter, aluminum, or steel is prohibited.
Training and testing
Training and testing is REQUIRED before using this shop. You must have some jewelry-making experience to be tool tested in the Jewelry Shop. If you're not sure if your experience is adequate, please e-mail the shop lead.
This shop is available to members 24/7. We have ten fully equipped jewelers' benches available for use. When there is a full Jewelry 101 class running (for three evenings once per month), there are still three jewelers' benches available for member use. If there is a class running, please be cognizant of your own noise levels to try not to interfere with instruction.
For use of the enameling kilns reservations are required. Shop time can be reserved on Nexudus.
- Working in pewter, aluminum, or steel is prohibited, as they will contaminate equipment and supplies for jewelry-makers working in silver, gold, copper, brass, and bronze.
- Turn on ventilation at soldering station or enameling kilns when those areas are in use (respectively). Turn off ventilation before leaving.
- Clean up after yourself. This includes using a dustpan to sweep your workbench top and sweeps drawer. Wipe soldering table down with wet papertowel if there is excess flux on the table. Vacuum the polishing machine if you've used it.
- Tag everything you’ve left drying in the shop with your name, the current date and time, your storage space or studio number (if applicable), and a phone number where you can reliably be reached in case your items needs to be moved.
- Even if you’re only stepping away for a short time, take a minute to leave a tag.
- Improperly tagged projects may be considered abandoned and be moved to the Jewelry Shop's lost and found.
- Leave this shop ready-to-use for the next member who comes into use the Jewelry Shop.
- Clean up any spills or trash.
- Take a minute to do one thing that leaves the shop as good or better than you found it.
- Coming soon!
Please follow this shop etiquette so that we don't have to make more rules.
- Leave the Jewelry Shop cleaner than you found it.
- If you turn on one of the acetylene tanks, please be sure to turn it back off before you leave, following the full closing protocol.
- Fill out in-progress project tags completely -- with your name and contact information. A name isn't always enough information for someone to track you down if your project seems abandoned.
- E-mail the shop lead if you need to leave your project in the shop for more than 24 hours. Otherwise, your project may be removed from the shop and adopted or discarded.
Help us improve
E-mail the shop lead with your concerns, comments, questions, and suggestions for improvement. Let us know if the shop was left not ready-to-use, equipment is malfunctioning, a consumable is running low, if you want to help drive an improvement project, or if you can think of anything else that will make the shop a better resource for you!