From Artisans Asylum Wiki
Reference articles primarily contain reference material, typically tables, lists, charts, or simple statements of fact.
Examples of references at Artisan's include:
Writing a reference document
Follow these best practices when writing reference documentation:
- Do not mix document types. Break out tasks or concepts into their own wiki article.
- Follow the style guide.
- Double-check the accuracy of your information.
- Make sure that lists are organized into bulleted items and sections and tables have sortable columns. Make it easy for the reader to find the data they are looking for.
- Do not duplicate information that's on a different wiki page -- instead, link to the other page, so that we maintain one source of authoritative information.
- Ask for feedback from others
- Publish your documentation on the wiki once you're happy with it!